Sage is pleased to announce these new features and updates.
Inactive bank accounts
You can now mark unused or closed bank accounts as inactive. This allows you to view accounts by status on the Banking page. Select the Active, Inactive, or All tab at the top right-hand corner of the page to change the view. Inactive accounts are also hidden from selection lists when creating transactions. This prevents the posting of new transactions to the inactive account.
For audit purposes, inactive accounts still show in reports and completed transactions.
Search with less information
Find the contact you're looking for with less information. To make life a little bit easier, enter a contact's address (or partial address), their main or mobile phone number, or just their primary name in the Search field on contact lists to find them quickly.
We've also updated the Search field on the Audit Trail report to search by transaction number so you can quickly track down the history of an entry. This comes in handy when you quickly need to find transactions that show on your VAT returns.
Easily improve your documents
To make document customization easier, we've moved document settings to their own section on the Settings page. With this change, we've also renamed some groups to better explain the settings within.
These are the settings groups in the new section with their old and new names:
|Old name||New name|
|Logo & Document Template||Templates and Logos|
|Email Messages||Document Emails|
|Invoice Form Settings||Document Preferences|
Previously, these settings were located in the Invoice & Business Preferences section, which is renamed to Business Preferences.
You can now show up to 100 items by default on list pages (such as Sales Invoices) throughout Accounting Start. Go to Settings, Navigation and Data Grids, and then select 100 in the Tables of Data section. You can override this setting as needed by selecting a number in the footer of a list page.
Add attachments to your sales transactions
Now it's easy to attach supporting information such as sales brochures, product images, price lists etc. to your sales invoices, credit notes, quotes and estimates.
- Add multiple attachments.
- Make attachments visible to your customers or for internal use only.
- Supports the following file types: PDF, GIF, JPG, JPEG, PNG.
- File size up to 2.5MB.
For more information, see
Importing a chart of accounts file
If you have a new business with no transactions, you can import a chart of accounts. This eliminates the need to manually set up a chart of accounts, saving you time. Your chart of accounts file must be in comma separated value (*.csv) format and must use a specific column setup. You can download a sample *.csv file to compare to your file or use it as a template to create a new file.
See Importing a chart of accounts file to download the sample file and for more information.
You can also export the existing chart of accounts to a comma separated value file (*.csv). For example, if you want a copy of the standard chart of accounts included with Accounting Start before importing your own.
We’ve made these great improvements to the Trial Balance report:
- As of option. You can now run the report “as of” a specific date to get a snapshot of what your ledger account balances were on that date. The report will show data from the start of each account up to the selected date.
- Zero balance accounts option. The new Hide accounts with zero balances option allows you to hide (or show) zero balance ledger accounts on the report.
Unused ledger accounts are never included on the Trial Balance report.
- Retained Earnings breakdown. If you select Summarize retained earnings values, a Retained Earnings line is included on the report. You can now expand the row to see a breakdown of how the summarized amount was calculated. The report splits out the system calculated Profit and Loss values and manual postings to the Retained Earnings account.
For more information, see About the Trial Balance report.
- An issue where some reports got stuck during the calculation process has been fixed.
The Trial Balance report now updates as expected after creating credit notes.
The image validation process has been improved when you upload your business or association logos.
You can now transfer funds between two Cash bank accounts.
The report headings on the Trail Balance report are now included on all pages when you print to PDF.
- The report headings on the Aged Debtors report are now included on all pages when you print to PDF.
- Invoices with a balance of zero no longer display as overdue.
You can now view (but not edit) completed recurring sales invoices.
Accounting Start now prevents you from voiding reconciled checks.