Create an Audit Trail
The audit trail is a complete record of all transactions posted. You can see at a glance when transactions were entered, and by whom.
You can view a summary or a detailed breakdown of the audit trail. The detailed breakdown shows each line that makes up the transaction, known as the "double entry".
To view the audit trail
- Go to Reports.
- Under Advanced Reports, click Audit Trail.
- Click Audit Trail.
The audit trail opens to either the summary or breakdown report, depending on which one you last ran.
- Use search or filtering tools to find transactions.
- To search for a transaction, enter the amount of the transaction or reference information in the search box.
- If you want to view the audit trail for a particular date range, specify the date range.
- To view transactions by type or status, click More and then specify a transaction type and/or status.
- Select a transaction to view details, edit, and manage the transaction as required. To return to the report, click Back in your browser.
- To save or print the audit trail, click Export and select CSV or PDF.
Downloading the file might take some time depending on the amount of data you are exporting. You can continue to perform other tasks while the file downloads.
To configure columns
If necessary, you can configure the audit trail to include the following extra columns:
- Tax Reconciled
- Bank Reconciled
- Created by
- Click the Configure Columns button.
- Select the columns you want to display. You can also drag columns up and down to reorder them in the table.
- Click Save.