Make changes to a completed pay run
There may be times when you need to make an adjustment to your payroll or correct a mistake. For example, you may have forgotten to pay overtime to an employee, or you’ve processed an employee using the wrong PRSI or tax code.
To put this right you can either:
- Make the correction in the next pay run
- Amend a completed pay run and resubmit it to Revenue
Before you make a correction
You must contact Revenue to agree whether you should make the correction in the next pay run, or edit the completed pay run.
If you agree with Revenue to edit a completed pay run, to help you keep track of your corrections, we suggest you print out the detailed report for the relevant pay run.
Edit a completed pay run
- Click the Pay Runs tab, click the relevant completed pay run, and then click Edit Pay Run. An advisory window appears.
- click Edit Pay Run. You now have access to the Edit Pay and Confirm Pay stages of the pay run.
- Make the required changes to your payments or deductions.
- Check the values are accurate, then click Next.
- To confirm your changes, Click View Summary, or click Back to amend your correction.
Resubmit your pay run values
Once you make a correction, you must resubmit the pay run to Revenue.
- Click the Pay Runs tab, then click the relevant pay run you previously edited..
- Under ROS Real Time Reporting a warning message appears advising you to resubmit.
- Click View Details. A resubmission window opens and you’re prompted to enter your ROS login credentials.
- Click Browse and select your ROS Certificate (.P12) file, then click Open.
- In the Enter Password box, type your ROS digital certificate password.
- Check the values are correct and click Resubmit.
After you’ve completed the submission, you should resend the payslips to your employee(s).