You can now show up to 100 items by default on list pages (such as Sales Invoices or Contacts) throughout Sage Accounting. Go to Settings, Navigation and Data Grids, and then select 100 in the Tables of Data section. You can override this setting as needed by selecting a number in the footer of a list page.
Add attachments to your sales transactions
Now it's easy to attach supporting information such as sales brochures, product images, price lists etc. to your sales invoices, credit notes, quotes and estimates.
- Add multiple attachments.
- Make attachments visible to your customers or for internal use only.
- Supports the following file types: PDF, GIF, JPG, JPEG, PNG.
- File size up to 2.5MB.
We’ve made these great improvements to the Trial Balance report:
- As of option. You can now run the report “as of” a specific date to get a snapshot of what your nominal ledger account balances were on that date. The report will show data from the start of each account up to the selected date.
- Zero balance accounts option. The new Hide accounts with zero balances option allows you to hide (or show) zero balance ledger accounts on the report. These accounts have been posted to but have a net balance of zero in the reporting period. By default, the option is selected, which hides them on the report.
Unused ledger accounts are never included on the Trial Balance report.
- Retained Earnings breakdown. If you select Summarise profit and loss values, a Profit and Loss line is included on the report. You can now expand the row to see a breakdown of how the summarised amount was calculated. The report splits out the system calculated Profit and Loss values and manual postings to the Profit and Loss account.
Adding logos to invoices
We’ve made it even easier to add logos to your sales documents. Now when you upload a logo, it’s automatically checked to make sure the size of the file and the quality of the image are suitable.
If the image isn’t quite right, we'll tell you what needs changing.
Remind customers how they can pay you
Need to let your customers know how they can pay you?
For online invoices where you're not using online payments, you'll now see the following message: Please contact us if you are unsure how to make a payment.
If you are using online payments, we'll add a Make Payment button, to encourage your customers to pay straight away.
Zero value invoices removed from lists
Are invoices with a zero value cluttering up your invoice list?
We've improved how we handle these so they no longer show as Overdue and don't appear on the Overdue and Outstanding tabs of your invoice list.
See when invoices haven't been sent to all recipients
Not sure whether an invoice has been sent to everyone?
Now you can see when an invoice hasn't been sent and when to re-send or check out your email addressees.
The Activity grid now shows an Amber warning when not all email messages were delivered.
Page headers added to longer reports
We know it's hard to read reports that run over several pages, so we’ve improved some reports to show headers on every page:
- Profit and Loss Beta
- Aged Debtors
- Aged Creditors
- Aged Debtors Breakdown
- Aged Creditors Breakdown
- Trial Balance
- Customer statements
Bug fixes and improvements
- To make sure the trial balance report matches what most people expect, we’ve replaced Brought forward values with Opening & Closing Balance.
- You'll now need to set an obligation period before saving an MTD VAT Return.
- As many people have more than one cash account, you can now record bank transfers between two cash accounts.
- When exporting PDF reports, the colour of the text is now set to black.
Recurring sales invoices
Note: Not available in Sage Accounting. Learn more
Do you have customers who regularly order the same thing or are sending out the same repeat invoices every month? Do you have services or subscriptions where you send out the same bill each period?
Save time and reduce errors by using Recurring Invoices. These are great for invoicing services that you deliver on a regular schedule and for products that you sell repeatedly.
Find them from the Sales Invoices tab.
- Set up a recurring invoice as a template.
Decide when you want them to recur and when you want them stop.
This could be every day, every other day, weekly, monthly, quarterly etc, or you can keep creating them perpetually.
We'll create the invoices automatically on the day they are scheduled, so you don't have to remember.
- If you choose to send them straight away, we'll email them to your customers at the same time.
Bug fixes and improvements
- The Cashflow tab no longer overlaps with the Summary page making to easier to view.
- The part recoverable tax amounts on a ledger account are now included in the Chart of Accounts reports, so you export the amounts and import to a new business if required.
- The part recoverable amounts are now visible on the Chart of Accounts list, so you can make sure your ledger accounts are set up correctly.