Record expenses and payments out
Now you've set up your bank accounts, you're ready to start recording your payments and expenses. This can be:
- Payments to suppliers.
- One-off purchases where you don't want to create a supplier record.
- Other payments or expenses where you just want a record of the money paid out.
There are a few ways to enter a payment in Accounting Start:
- Click Add on the Money Out tile on the Summary page.
- Go to Banking, open the appropriate account, and then click New, Money Out.
- Go to Cashbook, and then click New Entry, Money Out or
- Click the tab for the appropriate bank account, and then click New Entry, Money Out.
- Select the supplier you want to pay.
- Choose the bank account to make the payment from and enter the details such as Method, Date and Reference. Including a reference is useful as it helps you to trace the payment later.
- Enter the amount you want to pay in the Amount Paid field.
- Select the category you want to post it to in the Category field and enter a description for each item. Be sure that the line items equal the total in the Amount Paid field and then save it.