Resolve issues with a bank feed
This article covers some common troubleshooting steps to
- Help you connect your bank feed
- Help when transactions are not importing from your bank feed as expected.
Problems finding a bank feed to connect to
We are able to set up a bank feed for most bank accounts.
If a bank feed is not available for your account, we recommend checking again soon, as new feeds are added regularly.
Without a bank feed set up you can choose to enter transactions manually, or, alternatively, export transactions data from your online banking service as a digital file and then import this into Accounting Start. See
Problems connecting a bank feed
Here re some troubleshooting tip if you're having problems connecting your bank feed.
Any known issues with bank feeds are reported on this Bank feed status page.
If you're having problems connecting a bank feed, try
- Log into your online banking service to confirm that your password and security information is correct.
- While in online banking make sure you have accepted any changes to terms and conditions or viewed any outstanding messages as these can sometimes prevent us connecting to your account.
- Make sure you're entering the same credentials you've just used to access your online bank account.
Before connecting a bank feed we recommend checking that the browser you're using on your computer, laptop, tablet or phone is set up to allow cookies from other websites.
Instructions for allowing cookies vary according to the internet browser software you're using. More details can be found on the following links:
- Safari (on an Apple Mac)
- Safari (on an Apple iPhone, or iPad)
- Google Chrome
- Microsoft Internet Explorer
The following errors or behaviour may be experienced if your device is not set up to allow cookies:
|What you might see||When or where you ight see it|
|Error - We are having technical difficulties, please try again||Any time when connecting a bank feed|
|When you enter the name of your bank or credit card company in the search box a drop-down list of available bank feeds does not appear when you start typing.||When searching for bank accounts on the Connect your bank screen.|
|Error 414||When connecting to bank accounts|
Only the account holder can authorise a bank feed, as online banking login details must be entered.
It's not possible for accountants to set up a bank feed connection for clients as the feed must be authorised using secure login details.
Problems with a bank feed you've already connected
Here are some troubleshooting steps when transactions are missing from your bank feed or have been duplicated.
We check bank feeds for new transactions regularly through out the day and we rely on your bank to send us new transactions.
- Most banks send us transaction once a day, for the previous day.
For direct bank feeds, we receive transactions on the following schedule:
Every day, for the previous day
Royal Bank of Scotland
Monday to Saturday, for the previous day
Bank of Scotland
Tuesday to Saturday, for the previous day
You may not see all the transactions imported into Accounting Start that you can see in your online banking service.
If you are not seeing transactions you're expecting to see, we recommend that you:
- Check your bank feed is working properly. We update the Bank feed status page on the Sage website with known problems.
Check to see if your bank feed needs to be re-authenticated. Bank feeds managed via Plaid must be re-authenticated every 90 days for security reasons. You should see a message at the top of the page if re-authentication is needed. Click Enter Credentials to re-authorise the bank feed.
In some cases you may discover that your bank feed has imported duplicate transactions. This may be because your bank has made an error in providing transactions to us, or something has gone wrong with the bank feed.
Where we have identified an issue with a particular bank feed, we will update the bank feeds status page. This will tell you if there is a reported incident.
This article explains how to remove any duplicate transactions from your bank feed or bank account.
- Verify that the transactions are duplicates, and not two transactions with the same values.
- Discard the duplicated transactions from the bank feed.
- If you have already added the transactions to your bank account in Accounting Start, delete them before completing your bank reconciliation.
For information on how to delete bank duplicate bank transactions, see Duplicate transactions in your bank feed
Still having problems
Use our troubleshooting articles to walk through common scenarios and escalate your issue to our customer support: