Remove 2-factor authentication (2FA)
To remove a device set up for 2-factor authentication, you’ll need access to that device to receive a confirmation code and complete the process.
Removing 2-factor Authentication from your account will also make it less secure.
To remove 2FA
- Go to the Account Management page.
- Log in with your email address and password.
- Click on the 2-factor authentication section.
- If you have multiple devices set up, click the device you wish to remove and then click Remove.
- A code is then sent to that device. Enter this on screen, then to complete the process click Continue.
Note: A confirmation message that the device has been removed will be displayed.
You can set up 2FA again at any time. See Set up 2-factor authentication for more information.
If you cannot access the authenticated device
If you don't have access to the device, see Log in without the 2-factor authentication (2FA) device.