If you deal with the same customers or suppliers on a regular basis, you can create contact records for them. This saves you time when entering your
For more videos like this, see here.
- Go to the Contacts tab, then click either New Customer or New Supplier.
- Enter the following information:
|Business Name||The contact’s company name.|
|Contact Name||The contact’s name.|
|Reference||A reference for the contact.|
|The contact’s email address.|
|Mobile||The contact’s mobile number.|
|Telephone||The contact’s telephone number.|
- On the Account Details tab, change the
- Enter the contact’s address details and complete the following information:
|VAT Number||If the contact is VAT registered, enter their VAT registration number.|
If the contact is a customer, choose a default sales ledger account or, if it's a supplier, a default purchase ledger account. The default account is used when you create invoices, credit notes, quick entries and sales quotes.
- If the contact is a customer, click the Delivery Address tab and do one of the following
- If the contact's delivery and invoice address are the same, select the Same as Invoice address check box.
- If the contact's delivery and invoice address are different, clear the Same as Invoice address check box and enter the contact's delivery address details.
Click the Payments Details tab, then complete the following information:
Set Credit Limit (£)
Select this check box and enter the credit limit value.
Set Credit Terms
Select this check box and enter the number of days credit this contact will have.
Tip: If the contact is a customer, you can also enter any custom terms and conditions. These appear on the invoices you send your customer.
Account Name Enter the account name your contact's bank account is held in. Sort Code Enter their bank sort code. Account Number Enter their bank account number. BIC/Swift If applicable, enter the Bank Identifier Code (BIC) or Swift Code. IBAN If applicable, enter the International Bank Account Number (IBAN).
Click the Defaults tab, then complete the following information if applicable:
Choose the product pricing level for the customer. For example, Sales Price, Trade or Wholesale. You can set these up in your Default settings.
Note: This option is only available for customer contacts.
Currency If you have enabled foreign currency transactions, choose the required currency.
- If you want to record notes for this contact, click the Notes tab and enter relevant details.
If you've created analysis groups click the Analysis tab then choose the groups you want to assign to this contact to.
- Click Save.
- Do one of the following:
- To open the Contacts page, which lists both customers and suppliers, click Contacts.
- To view your customers, point to Contacts then click Customers.
- To view your suppliers, point to Contacts then click Suppliers.
- Click on the relevant contact to open its record.
- Amend the contact’s details as required.
- To amend an address or contact, click the Contacts and Addresses tab then amend the relevant information. When entering the address, you can choose from different address types. For example, you might have one address for where items are delivered to and a different address for where you send statements to.
If you choose the address type Delivery, the delivery address automatically appears on the invoice. You can enter as many address types as you need to. By default, the main address prints on documents and the main contact is included on emails.
Contacts are linked to their addresses. If you delete an address, any contacts associated with that address are also deleted.
- To add another contact for this address, click New Contact then enter the relevant information. If you want to include this contact on emails, select the Copy emails to this person check box. To save the details you’ve entered, click Save.
- To add an additional address, click Add Address then enter the relevant information then click Save.
- To change the default address or contact, click the Set main address or Set main contact option for the relevant address or contact.
- If the contact is a customer, click the Options tab then check the Statement Runs section is correct.
By default, the method used to send all customer statements is set to By post (PDF Generated), but you can edit this if required. For example, you can specify that this customer’s statements should be sent by email. You can also edit the contact and address that appears on the statements.
To change any of the details, click the edit button and complete one of the following options:
- If you want to send statements to this customer, make the necessary changes then click Save.
- If you don’t want to send statements to this customer, clear the Send Statements check box then click Save.
If a contact record has no transactions associated with it, select the check box next to the contact then click the delete button and Yes.