Set up your new Tide bank feed
Open Banking and PSD2 legislation included a new wave of access and security changes that came into effect on 14 March 2020. This makes accessing your bank and payment information faster and more secure to support faster decision making.
Open Banking has changed the way bank feeds work and for Tide customers it means:
- Your existing Tide bank feed will stop working.
- You'll need to add the replacement Tide bank feed that Tide are making available.
- You'll need to recreate any bank rules in the replacement Tide bank feed.
Don't worry, this is all much easier than it sounds.
Connect the new Tide bank feed
Before you begin
- Finish processing any outstanding transactions with the old Tide bank feed. Choose a day and process transactions to the end of that day. When you connect to the new Tide bank feed, choose the following day as the date to import transactions from (this is step 12 in the procedure that follows).
- If you've created bank rules in your old Tide bank feed, make a record of your current Tide bank rules. We're not able to transfer your existing rules from the old Tide bank feed to the new.
- You should disconnect the old Tide bank feed from your bank account within Sage Accounting.
Before you start, make a record of your current Tide bank rules. We're not able to transfer your existing rules from the old Tide bank feed to the new.
- Go to Banking, then click the Connect Bank link on your Tide bank account.
Choose the Tide tile.
Choose My bank account type isn't listed.
In the search box, enter Tide, then from the suggestions choose Tide - Open Banking.
Select Accept and Continue.
Plaid is the secure service used to connect your bank with your Sage Accounting service. Select Continue.
Once Plaid has connected, you'll be prompted to select Continue.
Tide displays the next instructions that you'll perform on your Tide mobile app.
- Log into your Tide mobile app.
- Tap on the More menu icon.
- Tap Log in on your computer button in the Tools and Services section.
After performing these steps on your Tide mobile app, the page will update on your computer.
Select the Tide account you want to connect with Sage, then select Grant Access.
With the connection established, Tide will start to share data with your Sage Accounting service.
You'll see a summary of the account you've selected. Select Continue.
Enter the date you want to import transactions from. Choose the next day after the last day you finished processing using your old Tide bank feed. Select All done!
On your Banking page, you'll see your Tide bank has been updated to show a transaction count.
Your Tide transactions will begin to appear from the date you specified.
If you had bank rules under your old Tide bank account, you might want to Recreate your Tide bank rules
If you've never used bank rules before, see how bank rules can save you time in processing your transactions. See Set up bank rules