Recurring sales invoices
Do you have repeating invoices? Do you have customers who regularly order the same thing and are sending out the same repeat invoices every month? Do you have services or subscriptions where you send out the same bill each period?
Save time and reduce errors by using Recurring Invoices. These are great for invoicing services that you deliver on a regular schedule and for products that you sell repeatedly.
When to use recurring sales invoices
Some typical examples of when to use recurring invoices
- For products that you sell at regular repeated intervals, such as monthly or quarterly.
- For services that you deliver to a regular schedule, such as a weekly cleaning contract or quarterly maintenance contract. For example
- Regular window cleaning service
- Office or domestic cleaning services
- Maintenance contracts for appliances
- Training or tutoring services
- For subscriptions where you always send out the same bill each period.
- For jobs that you invoice across multiple periods such as 30, 60 and 90 days.
How recurring invoices work
- Set up the recurring invoice as a template, and add the details such as customer, due date, invoice and delivery address, products or services etc as usual.
Decide when you want them to recur and when you want them stop.
This could be every day, every other day, weekly, monthly, quarterly etc, or you can keep creating them perpetually.
- We create the invoices automatically on the day they are scheduled. If you choose to send them straight away, we'll email them to your customers at the same time.
Things to consider
- Recurring invoices can't be used for
- Stock items
- Foreign currency
We won't automatically update your recurring invoice when you amend a product or customer record, as we don't know whether you want to apply these changes.
To update information such as a price change or product description just edit the recurring invoice.
Note: Changes to the invoice address are always updated on recurring invoices.
- You can temporarily suspend sending invoices, when you don't want to generate an invoice for a period, or you need to temporarily stop the invoices being created.
Put the recurring invoice on Pause, then Resume when you want to start them again.
We will automatically suspend sending invoices if you make global changes that affect the recurring invoice, such as changing tax rates.
This will show as Action Required next to the relevant recurring invoices on the Recurring invoice tab.