Edit recurring sales invoices
Go to Sales, select Sales invoices, then select the Recurring Invoices tab.
Select the invoice to edit
Edit your recurring invoice to
Changes made to a recurring invoice are only applied to any subsequent invoices.
Edit the recurring invoice when you want to add or remove products or services, change product details such as prices or description, change invoice details such as delivery address, due days or terms and conditions.
You can change the customer as long as no invoices have been generated.
If you need to change the customer after an invoice has been created, cancel the recurring invoice and set it up again.
- If you know the details of a product or service have changed, but you don't you know the new details such as the new price, delete the product or service line and select the product or service again to use the updated details.
Update the schedule if you need to change the day an invoice is created. Note when the next invoice is due as you may create two invoices for the same period.
Changes to the frequency only apply to future dates.
For example, if you change the frequency from every Thursday and to every Wednesday, and today is Thursday then the next invoice is created on the following Wednesday.
If you change the frequency so the next invoice is due today, then an invoice is created immediately.
For example, if you change the frequency from every Tuesday to every Wednesday and today is Wednesday, then an invoice created immediately.
The starting date can't be changed once invoices have been created.
You can cancel a recurring invoice before it's completed, for example, when customer cancels their order.
- Pause the recurring invoice, in case you need to set it up again.
- Change the Ending, so no more invoices are created. The recurring invoice shows as Completed on the Recurring Invoices list so you can copy to a new one if required.
- Delete the recurring invoice. This prevents any more invoices being created and removes it from the Recurring Invoices list.
To change the email message text or the Copy to address,
- Open the recurring invoice.
- Select Edit message and make the required changes.
If you're sending invoices automatically and want to send the invoice to a different email address, then amend the contact record.
Invoices are always sent to the main email address on the contact.
To change this email address
- From Contacts, select Customers.
- Select the contact from the list.
- From the Contacts and Addresses tab, edit the Main Contact details and update the email address.
- Make sure the recurring invoice is set to Create and email automatically.
- Check that the Main Contact on the customer record has an email address.
- Add an email address to the Main Contact and subsequent invoices will be emailed straight away.
Invoices already created and not sent can be sent manually from the invoice list.